Although it is said that weight loss is 80 percent diet, you may have noticed that proper weight control cannot be achieved entirely by dieting alone. In fact, you may know a few people who opt for a sedentary lifestyle appear to be able to maintain an ideal weight.
How do they do it?
Turns out you can burn extra calories with activities that require little to no physical exercise.
Below is a guide to common calorie-burning activities and the number of calories per hour they consume:
- One hour spent cycling: 600
- Whimpering about an ache or pain: 125
- Complaining about a stiff neck: 99
- Whining about a sleepless night: 230
- Moaning about low back pain: 451
- Reaching into the medicine cabinet: 200
- Creating excuses to avoid chiropractors: 154
- Telling others about chiropractic: 35Y
This chart may begin to explain why some of our patients don’t “pay it forward” by telling others about today’s safe and natural chiropractic care. Could it be that referring others doesn’t burn enough calories?
Do you know someone who seems to be burning calories by whining, complaining or taking medications for their aches and pains? If you think we could help them, please put in a good word for us. You’ll feel better—and so will they.